This is my connection to family and friends,wherever they are.This includes photographs,anecdotes and anything of interest.Take care!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Subway madness.

I've had a busy weekend.Today I met some friends to watch the movie "V or Vendetta". It was very good, however,later on, I thought that this was just another "Phantom of the Opera" type deal with a difference. Well, I just had to take the subway.The Daejeon subway opened last week.There are 12 subway stops operating and the rest is still under construction.What really infuriates me is that the 13th stop is near my place.A two minute walk away.But I can still walk the 10 minutes to the nearest stop,so that's ok.I save money on taxi fare and get some exercise in between.
When I got there, I was surprised to see families taking the subway.Children were given balloons.The train was full.Everything is new and exciting and it's better to be part of the first million to take the subway.Some people had problems using the ticket machines and others just looked at all the decor.
Getting around is much more convenient-no long stretches in traffic,no waiting for a bus which took 40 minutes to get downtown,now its about 12 minutes on the DJet-excellent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home