This is my connection to family and friends,wherever they are.This includes photographs,anecdotes and anything of interest.Take care!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

A day in Suncheon

About two weeks ago, Kim and I went to Suncheon (pron.soon chon).From Daejeon, it was a 2 hour bus ride, then a change, then another 1h30mins bus ride.Once there, we met Melanie and then we went to Max's house for the gathering of wonderful, friendly people and a night of laughter.Max and Natalia opened their home to a large handful of foreigners(a nice range of nationalities)...we took over in the kitchen and the rest of us just talked comfortably.There were 9 more people,but unfortunately I didn't take pics then,I was having fun.It was Daniel's birthday celebration.All one year old's have to choose an object that tells the parents what he/she will lean towards in life.Daniel chose a pen,so he will be studious or a hardworking student. We sang for him and oh geez..did we eat...it's like there was so much food.A REAL salad and REAL cottage pie and REAL cheese and I could go on.Max made us sing and nobody was brave enough to sing the kareoke.For me, the best was the cozy atmosphere and the fact that I met everyone there for the first time,except Kim. I know we'll get together again because we connected.Melanie made light remarks about making a Bobotie(another SA meat pie) next.We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home