This is my connection to family and friends,wherever they are.This includes photographs,anecdotes and anything of interest.Take care!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Student tales.

Yes,yes..I haven't been on here for a few days.
Hello to Adam...had a look at your site, Noah's growing lovely and looks more like Ann.Greetings to you and the family over in England. If you want to see that,go over to www.adamfield.net. He has lots of great photo's.

The new school year started last week.Add to that, the fact that we have a new set of books and what seems like double pressure for preparation time.A book that has to stretch for a year and you have to include lots of supplementary materials.This is different from the days where I could walk in at 5 minutes before the class started and be ready because I knew the material.Moving on..most of my students are new to me and my level 1 class of 8 year olds are in a league of their own.I was surprised by how much English they already knew,usually they know nothing,and that would be due to the fact that they had some learning done in Kindergarten/Pre-school.While learning "Who's this?" and the answer was.."It's Ricky". One student said "Ricky? Ricky Mouse?".The next part was "It's Harry". Another student said "Harry Potter"..however in an i'll-do-you-one-better manner, one student blurted "Harry-copter!".They all laughed, one fell off his chair-unharmed.Yesterday in another class,I wanted to explain to the the students that when we do play games, it will be given as a reward nad not just because they say "Teacher, game!". I said "I need you to understand,that.." And this is where I stopped because two students stood up.Needs more work,comes to mind.
The students often say or do things that brings laughter and that makes each day different.
Writing like this, is also new to me-hhmn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home