This is my connection to family and friends,wherever they are.This includes photographs,anecdotes and anything of interest.Take care!

Monday, June 05, 2006

So I cried.

My day started out terribly.I was running a little late this morning and on my way to work,I have to cross a main road.Noticed the usual lot of people waiting to cross.As I crossed the road,I saw a shi tzu dog,standing on the other end at the side of the road, panting.I noticed that there was nobody close to it..I thought it was a guy's dog, but he just continued to cross the road.As I got closer,I saw that this dog was injured.There was blood on the chin and the right front paw had a gash,that was also bleeding.Immediately I wanted to do something for this dog,but was torn between going to class late and helping it.I rushed to school and told two of the colleagues what I saw.Of course, I couldn't hold my tears...train wreck.I went to my manager and asked him to see if he could find the dog and take it to the vet.I was surprised that he went, then again, maybe the fact that I was crying stunned him into action.He went and later I found out that the dog was not there.He also went to the pet clinic that is across the road to ask..maybe someone brought it in there.
At the start of my class, the adults could see that something was wrong.I'm too honest with them and told them..cried again.They just sat there.
I don't know what the worst part of it all was.I could have just called work and said I'd be late,(which wouldn't have gone over well) and take the dog to the pet clinic.This dog was well taken care of,that hurts.He was either dumped or something.
My only hope and prayer is that someone found him and took him to the vet.
If people cannot take care of pets, why bother getting them in the first place.
As my friend wrote (click on the quotation) , "Pets are forever.You are responsible for their whole life."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, Priscilla

Your story is very sad. I know how you feel when you just can't help at that time. One time a stray dog chased our car down these alley ways, Eric kept driving because we didn't know what to do with him. I just sat in the back seat watching this guy trying to catch us... So sad. We went back one week later and found him, though. That was Benji.

Anyway, you did the best thing sending someone over to help. Let's hope the vet found him (the vet on that corner is Sage's old vet, I think, he's the one who helped Benji).

11:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home