This is my connection to family and friends,wherever they are.This includes photographs,anecdotes and anything of interest.Take care!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Dog long day

So here is Cutey,finally managed to carry the camera,hold the leash and get her attention.
Saturday was bath day,because Cutey wasn't smelling so hot.Strangely enough,it seemed that it was bath day for Sunny and Yoshi too.I think Matt's day was worse than mine.I got a two-in-one puppy shampoo the day before.I prepared the bathroom with all the I needed.I went over to get Cutey,and brought her to my place,after a very short walk.Then we proceeded to do the "bath".I used luke to cool water and the wonderful shampoo.Let's just say that she didn't understand the bath,I had a large bucket with water, in which I hoped to put her in,but she started drinking it and wouldn't stay in it.There was water everywhere,the dog was wet,I was soaked and at least she was cleaner than before.However,I didn't get all the soap out.I used three towels to dry her and she thought this was a new toy.My friend always said,if it makes them happy,leave them. (She was referring to her child that ate raw potato peels) So I left her,she took over the sofa,damp and all,went sliding across the floors and continued to play/fight with the towels.

We took a walk to further airdry,since I just wasn't prepared to hold her and use a blowdrier.She dried quickly,considering the mass of hair that she has.That was when I decided to just get my wallet and go to Walmart's pet store.I've always seen them cutting dogs hair there,so it was the only place I knew of and it's close.

Once in the store,I had to keep Cutey.She went berserk at seeing other dogs,she barked and wouldn't stop.Luckily the people there speak a little English.I said that she's not used to seeing other dogs and maybe that's why she's barking.Even on walks in the park,she'd want to tear apart some other dog..who is usually not on a leash.I asked for a short hair cut and they said, her hair is too long for the length that I asked and it would tangle,etc.So I agreed to have Cutey get a buzz cut.Cutey's behaviour was not admirable.She fought every step of the way with the woman who cut her hair/fur...so much that they had to put a dog mask on to prevent her from biting.At one point she tried to bite the scissors...so the mask went on again.They gave her the second bath for the day,clipped nails and dried her.She wasn't impressed and because of all her fighting,her eyes were bloodshot from the strain.After almost 3 hours,thanks to the fighting,we left the store and it had started raining.We walked home,I got another towel,then I took her home,dried her and told the granny I was back and that Cutey got a new look.They spared the hair on the ears,but the rest of her is short and neat.I didn't get a pic of that,next time.
I came home to the watery mess,the towels and the hair all over the place.Proceeded to clean for an hour and then I couldn't move.I was so exhausted from the day.Cutey is hyperactive.Note to self:Cats are easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home